1. General terms
1.2. Spatie is the controller (article 4.7 GDPR) who determines the means and purposes of the processing described below.
2. Collected personal data
2.1. Personal data that are communicated to us:
- Category 1: without registration: your IP-address
- Category 2: for the creation of a user account: your name, (where applicable) your company name, your email address, password, login and (possibly) your profile picture (avatar);
- Category 3: in order to upgrade your trial account to a monthly or annual subscription: your name, (where applicable) your company name, your VAT-number, your bank account, your credit card details, your email address, your address;
- Category 4: when activating Nexmo notifications: your phone number;
- Category 6: when activating Slack notifications: your custom Slack token;
- Category 7: when activating webhooks notifications: your URL and secret;
- Category 8: by registering to the newsletter: your email address;
- Category 9: data obtained by cookies placed on the website
2.2. Spatie can obtain your personal data through different means:
- by placing cookies;
- during your registration and use of the Website;
3. Purposes of the processing of data
3.1. General purposes:
Spatie will use the obtained personal data solely for the purposes mentioned below:
- Category 1: maintaining and improving of the Website and application and the creation of anonymous statistics (the identity of particular persons or companies will not be traceable) based on the “legitimate interest” of Spatie to improve the service and Website;
- Category 2: managing your account on the Website and within the application for the performance of a contract which you requested, in order to send you direct marketing mailings, only if you requested so, based on your prior explicit consent;
- Category 3: obtaining invoice-details and completing the payment on the Website within the application on the legal basis of performance of a contract in order to provide you the service you have requested (upgrade);
- Category 4: with the aim of providing communication to the user for an error in the application based on your consent as well as for the good performance of the contract;
- Category 5: sending direct marketing mailings, newsletters, promotions, based on your prior explicit consent;
- Category 6: improving the user-friendliness of the service based on prior explicit consent;
You are not obliged to provide us with your personal data, however in case you refuse to provide us with certain personal data, the delivery of certain services will not be possible.
3.2. Direct marketing:
Your personal data will only be used for direct marketing purposes, in case you have given your explicit and prior consent (“opt-in”).
In case you have given your consent and you are added to Spatie’s direct mailing list, Spatie may use your personal data to send marketing as well as other material relating to Spatie, her products and/or her services. Spatie is also allowed to use the personal data for updating documents.
You may withdraw your consent at any time, without any reasoning and free of charge by, for example, clicking on the unsubscribe button provided at the bottom of each promotional email message.
3.3. Transfer to third parties:
In case of whole or partial reorganization or transfer of Spatie’s activities, whereby Spatie reorganizes, transfers, ceases her business activity or in case of bankruptcy of Spatie, your personal data may be transferred to new entities or third parties.
Spatie will use reasonable endeavours to inform you in advance of the fact that Spatie transfers your personal data to a third party. However you are aware that this is not always technically or commercially possible under all circumstances.
3.4. Legal requirements:
In extraordinary circumstances it may occur that Spatie is obliged to disclose your personal data following a court order or in order to comply with mandatory law and/or regulation. Spatie will, if reasonably possible, try to inform you in advance, unless revealing this information is subject to legal constraints.
4. Duration of the processing
4.1. We will store and process your personal data for a period that is necessary for the purpose of the processing as well as depending on the contractual relationship between Spatie and you.
For the creation of a trial account and the upgrade to a payment account your data will be stored as long as your Flare account is activated.
In case you have subscribed to our newsletter, we will store your data as long as you have not unsubscribed without exceeding a duration of 5 years.
5. Your rights
5.1. Right to be informed to obtain a copy:
You have the right to obtain at any moment access to your personal data without further costs, as well as to be informed about the purpose of the processing by Spatie.
5.2. Right to rectification, erasure and restriction:
You have the choice to share your personal data with Spatie. You also have the right to request Spatie to rectify, delete or complement your personal data. You acknowledge that in the event of a refusal to share data or a request to delete these data, the delivery of certain services and/or products will not be possible.
You can also request to restrict the processing of your personal data.
5.3. Right to object:
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, in case you have serious and legitimate reasons to do so.
Besides you have the right to object to the use of your personal data for purposes of direct marketing without giving any specific reasoning.
5.4. Right to data portability:
You have the right to obtain your personal data which is processed by Spatie in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable and interoperable format. If it is technically feasible you have the right to request the transfer of this data to another data controller.
5.5. Right to withdraw consent:
In case the processing is based on prior consent, you have the right to withdraw this consent.
5.6. Exercise of rights:
You can exercise your rights by contacting us, either by email firstname.lastname@example.org by using the “Contact us” section on the Website, provided that you add a copy of your ID card.
5.7. Automated decisions and profiling:
The processing of your personal data does not include profiling, nor shall you be subjected to automated decisions.
5.8. Right to file a complaint:
You have the right to file a complaint with the Belgian data protection authority:
- by post : “Gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit”, Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussels, Belgium
- by email: email@example.com.
- tel: +32 (0)2 274 48 00
- fax: +32 (0)2 274 48 35
This is without prejudice to a provision before the Civil Court. If you have suffered damages, caused by the processing of your personal data, you are also allowed to file a claim for damages before the competent jurisdiction.
6. Safety and confidentiality
6.1. We have adopted safety measures which are adapted on both technical and organisational level to avoid the destruction, the loss, the forgery, the adjustment, the non-authorised access or the notification of the personal data by accident to a third party, as well as the non-authorised processing of these data.
6.2. Spatie shall not be liable in any way for direct or indirect damages caused by a wrongful or improper use of the personal data by a third party.
6.3. At any time you must comply with the safety standards, for instance by avoiding all non-authorised access to your login and password. You are solely responsible for the use of your Flare account, IP-address and identification data, as well as for the confidentiality.
7. Access by third parties
8.1. What is a cookie?
A “cookie” is a small text file that is sent from the server of Spatie and is stored on your computer’s hard drive. This way we can remember your preferences when visiting our Website and application. The information stored through these cookies can only be read by Spatie and only for the duration of your visit to the Website and application.
As a result of recent amendments of the law, all websites focusing on certain parts of the European Union are obligated to request for your permission in order to use or store cookies and similar technologies on your computer or mobile devices. This cookies policy informs you clear and complete about the cookies we use and their purposes.
You can always adjust your browser settings if you choose to refuse the setting of our cookies. However, keep in mind that we can’t guarantee an optimal service of on the Website and within the application. Please find below some documentation of the cookie settings of a few frequently used browsers.
- Cookie settings within Google Chrome
- Cookie settings within Apple’s Safari
- Cookie settings within Mozilla Firefox
- Cookie settings within Opera
For cookies set by third parties (such as Google Analytics), we kindly refer you to the statements set forth by these parties on their respective websites. Please bear in mind that we do not have any influence on the content of these statements nor on the content of the cookies of these third parties: Google Analytics cookies.
8.3. Your permission:
When you visit our website and application for the first time, you will be asked to accept our different kinds of cookies. For each category you may accept or deny cookies. At any time, you will be able to change the cookies settings for our Website through the hyperlink below our website and thus withdraw your consent.
You can block Cookies by activating your browser settings which allows you to deny the cookies. The refusal of these cookies may lead to the effect of not being able to use some functionalities of the Website.